Who am I?
I am an Australian who has lived in South Africa for the past seven years and call Johannesburg 'home'. I am a former police officer, corporate lawyer and personal trainer who is now working in the youth development space. I have over 20 years' experience in the legal and international community development fields and for the past seven years have worked with various not-for-profit organisations in both Australia and Africa. I have a passion for positive impact and transformative change across business, government and community, particularly in South Africa
What is my youth development philosophy?
We need to educate and empower the next generation of leaders in South Africa. Providing the youth with the right technical and life skills to unlock potential and opportunities is a vital investment for the future of this country.
- Hold a Masters of International and Community Development and a Law Degree
- Worked with indigenous communities in central Australia, troubled youth in urban areas and with women and children who were victims of sexual abuse in South Australia
- Spent six years implementing literacy programmes in primary and high schools across Africa for an Australian NGO
- Sit on the board of an Australian NGO working in Africa
- Involved on the ground with an NGO in Uganda for 4 ½ years, focusing on education, health and water and sanitation for youth and communities across northern Uganda
- Now head of Stakeholder Engagement with Lucha Lunako and working across the Entrepreneurship and Caring and Connection streams of our programmes for youth. Also closely involved in the mapping of the youth development ecosystem across South Africa