Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please note the Terms and Conditions of this Competition.
1. The promoter is the Lucha Lunako (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. This promotional competition is open to all South African residents who are between the ages of 18 and 34 years old, in possession of a valid identity document, except any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
3. This promotional competition runs 4 April to 23 May 2022. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
4. To enter, participants will be required to:
• Participate in the survey via the survey link and answer all questions required
• Provide their cellphone number so that they can be contacted in the event that they are selected as a winner
• Be or have been legitimately enrolled at a Tertiary Institution registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training in order to be selected.
5. The main prize is one (1) winner of an amount of up to R25,000 for the outstanding payment of Tertiary Fees due to an approved Tertiary Institution.
6. Only the winner will be required to sensitive information such as identity number and student number so that the facts can be verified and the funds paid over directly to the institution on their behalf.
7. The winner will be selected by means of a random draw facilitated by an external auditor on or before Tuesday, 31 May 2022. Publication of the winner will occur within 2 weeks of draw.
8. Winners will be notified via email by The Promoter or their agent, and the winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the main prize winner once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the winner of the main prize does not respond during this period, the winner shall forfeit, and another winner will be drawn in accordance with these rules.
9. A copy of these rules can be found on the Lucha Lunako website throughout the period of the promotional competition.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to name winners publicly. By entering this promotional competition, prize winners consent and agree to the publication of their names by the Promoter and agree for their images to appear on social media.
11. Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation, the Consumer Protection Act and the Promoter’s respective privacy policies. The Promoter may contact you for marketing purposes, on the basis that you will have the election to opt out.
12. The Promoter shall NOT be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever.
13. The Promoter shall NOT be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through otherwise frequently falsifying data.
NOTE: Any attempt to use tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
15. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
16. The prizes are not exchangeable for cash and are not transferable and fund can only be paid directly to the approved tertiary institution and not directly to participants.
17. All winners consent to the use of their image by the Promoter for publicity purposes via social media in any manner the Promoter deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winners. However, a winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at email@example.com.
18. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or their agents.
19. Neither the Promoter, their agents, their associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
20. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The payment of the outstanding fees will be made directly to the institution and proof of payment will be provided to Lucha Lunako.
22. The winner will be required to collect their issued degree directly from the institution and provide proof a copy of the degree as proof that the degree has been issued.
23. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with any platform that it is appearing on including Tertiary notice boards, SAYouth.mobi, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform.
25. All entrants in this Competition release all above named platforms from all liabilities, claims and responsibilities arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
26. All entrants must have agreed to the Terms and Conditions in order to qualify as a potential winner.